Coach House at Dundurn Castle
The Coach House at Dundurn Castle was built in 1870 to house the manor’s horses and coach and to provide accommodations for household servants. The building was completely renovated in the 1990s to create a restaurant that could serve visitors to the museum, and also be a facility for corporate meetings and wedding receptions.
The design of the logo was inspired by the signs that traditionally hang outside old English taverns. The illustration is based on an woodcut engraving from the Victorian era. The forest green and mustard colours were popular in that era and harmonize with the colour scheme of Dundurn Castle. the typeface is also consistent with the popular typography of the period.